YSU-OTE is a research and development project aiming to develop a professional tool to find, assess and eliminate process smells.
Software processes are often prone to error as they are executed mainly by human efforts. Process tracking tools are big helpers, however, they are not able to spot non-compliance of developers with processes. Like code smells, problematic situations in processes are called process smells. Code quality tools are almost mature but a software project is more than code. So, detecting process smells helps people to better understand the project quality. This can be helpful while evaluating a software project in situations like company acquisitions.
The project is funded by TÜBİTAK and Dakik Yazılım in the scope of TÜBİTAK 1505 program.
- Principal Investigator: Eray Tüzün
- Graduate Students: Khushbakht Ali Qamar, Emre Sülün, Erdem Tuna
- Date: January 2021 - December 2022
- Budget: ~₺650.000
- TÜBİTAK Project Number: 5200078
- Turkish Title: Yazılım Geliştirme Süreç Uygunsuzluklarını Otomatik Tespit Etme Aracı